Donald R. Carmody, Principal
Donald R. Carmody concentrates his practice in business law, insurance, real estate, and banking and finance. As a founding partner of the firm, he has played a significant role in establishing the collegial culture and dedication to excellence expressed by the firm's attorneys in all practice groups.
Don applies his 44 years in the practice to producing practical and effective ways to accomplish clients' goals. His wide-ranging experience includes formerly serving as vice chairman of a Missouri banking corporation, lead counsel in multiple complicated real estate transactions, and lead litigator in a variety of trial and appellate court cases. Don also demonstrated significant leadership by influencing Insurance Reform Legislation that impacts thousands of Missouri citizens and physicians by retaining good doctors in our state and protecting patients' access to healthcare providers.
Don received the St. Louis Grand Jury Good Citizenship Award for assisting the police in apprehending a hit-and-run drunk driver who struck a pedestrian.
Don is active in the local bar association, his church and the community.
Professional & Community Involvement
- St. Louis University, Instructor, 1969-1976
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Legal Issues Affecting the Disabled Committee, Past Chairman
- Missouri Venture Forum
- St. Louis Healthy Families, Ambassador
- Legatus, Member and Past President
- Missouri Family Policy Council, Board Member
Publications & Presentations
- Arbitration of Med-Mal Disputes, Missouri Medical Law Report, September 2004
- "Tort reform bill changes rules on venue, experts: restores single cap on non-economic damages," Missouri Medical Law Report, April 2005
Areas of Practice
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America (Corporate, Construction and Real Estate)
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly - Top Attorney 2012
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly - Top Lawyer - 2006
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- United States Eastern District of Missouri
- University of Missouri School of Law, Columbia, Mo., 1967
- Academic Achievement Awards: Contracts and Labor Law
- Spring Hill College, B.S., English, 1964