BRIAN C. BEHRENS, Principal
Brian C. Behrens concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, growth and venture companies, and corporate finance.
Brian provides invaluable corporate counseling for large and small established companies as well as emerging growth companies. His areas of expertise include manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, transportation, construction, software and technology development, and lending, among others. Brian's practice includes advising corporations, boards of directors, officers, and shareholders on a wide variety of matters, including corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and financing transactions.
As a native of St. Louis, Brian is passionate about his community. He generously volunteers his time with not-for-profit organizations to help bring new investments into the community and to help entrepreneurs and start-up organizations find the resources they need to be successful. Brian actively mentors college students and participates in workshops and programs dedicated to the professional development of leaders across the region.
During law school, he was an intern for the Honorable William H. Crandall, Jr., Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Kansas Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, 2003 - Present
- St. Louis Regional Commerce and Growth Association (RCGA) and its Technology
- Gateway Alliance Image and Marketing Committee, 2000 - 2002
- Missouri Venture Forum, 1997-Present
- Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center Development Board
- Member, 2002-2010
- Board President, 2011-Present
- Project Angel Tree
- Alumnet Mentoring Program, Saint Louis University, 2002-Present
Presentations & Publications
- Presentation to Senniger Powers LLP - "Successful Business Development Skills and Client relations", July 2009
- Presentation to Financial Executives Networking Group - "Negotiating and Structuring Executive Employment Arrangements", January 2009
- Saint Louis University School of Business, Guest Speaker: "Planning, Financing and Operating a Successful Start-Up Entity"
- Center for Emerging Technologies, Guest Speaker: "Point- Counterpoint: LLCs vs. Corporations for Start-Up Companies," and "Can My Trademark Be Registered?"
- Need to Know Breakfast Forum Series, Guest Speaker: "Structuring Agreements Among Founders: Setting the Table for Success," and "Negotiating a Term Sheet"
- "Practical Legal Aspects of Software Reverse Engineering," co-author, 41 Communications of the ACM 2 1998.
- "Legal Aspects-Software Reverse Engineering and Copyright: Past, Present and Future," co-author, 31 The John Marshall Law Review, 1, Fall (made the National Law Journal's "Worth Reading" column) 1997